Saturday, June 14, 2014

"you've won me over in no time at all": a #$@! song of ascent

"When we play that song..it feels like you're ascending..it's f#%^ing cool!"

"I'm looking for something spiritual and out of this world.. like when it starts,  you feel like, "F#$5!, this stuff's from heaven"

"The Gift" by Angels and Airwaves
See : from punk to prophet http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandpopculture/2011/12/from-punk-to-prophet-the-story-and-message-of-tom-delonge/
--------------------------
 Are you religious? 1:48ff:
 
--

BW: What’s your favorite song off your new album, I-Empire?
TD: I really like “Lifeline” a lot. It was the first song I sang after I was sober.
BW: That was really the first time you sang sober?
TD: Yeah, in four or five years or something. That’s what’s cool about it. The song is about God finding you. Growing up, I came from a religious background, and there’s an old psalm about footprints in the sand. So it’s about God walking next to you and saying I’ll take you for a ride; here’s a lifeline. It’s pretty rad. link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!