Sunday, June 01, 2014

SK: "the very first condition for becoming a Christian is being absolutely introverted"

Kierkegaard, even though he was so well-loved as the strolling conversationalist in his town, was no doubt an introvert.

 He once chiastically quipped,
"It's in the presence of people, that I find my love of solitude.
                                                    And, its in my time of solitude, I find my love of people."
                                                                (Ht Mike Friesen.  Anyone have the source?)

So..read this, from SK's Training in Christianity," (also found in The Prayers of Kierkegaard) in  broader context (extroverts need not be offended) of his overall message, as well as immediate context of the quote (given):

"the very first condition for becoming a Christian is being absolutely introverted."

context





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!