Sunday, June 08, 2014

"i am electric/with my face to the sun"

The Violet Burning at our church, 2005. Click here to hear Michael's sermon that day
In the liner notes to The Violet Burning's "I am a stranger in this place" CD,  band frontman Michael Pritzl gives the backstory to the song "I Am Electric":

"One of my closest friends and I used to sit and talk for hours about the presence of God,  and what His presence felt like when we worshipped Him.  'I am electric, with my face to the sun."  It is by far unlike  anything I have ever experienced on this earth, it is one of the reasons I do feel as a stranger in this place."
Lyrics:



So long, I have waited
Just to see if you'll make it
I can't believe I'm such a lucky  
I'm such a lucky man  (some versions: i'm such a special man)

'Cause, I am electric
With my face to the sun
Baby, just close your eyes

So long, I have waited
So long, I have waited
With my face to the sun

Wearing my Jesus coat
Love to see, it's such a lovely coat
I like to wear it when I'm feeling
When I'm feeling cold

And I am electric
With my face to the sun
Baby, don't close your eyes this time

So long, I have waited
So long, I have waited
With my face to the sun

She says, she says 'cause I am electric
When I'm kissing, when I'm kissing the sky
I am electric just kissing the sky

So long, I have waited
(Kissing, kissing the sky)
Kissing, when I'm kissing the sky
So long, I have waited
(Kissing, kissing the sky)
Kissing, kissing the sky

So long, I have waited
(Kissing, kissing the sky)
Kissing, kissing the sky
So long, I have waited
(Kissing the sky)

So long, I have waited
(I am electric, I am electric)
Kissing the sky, kissing



Original version, from "Plastic and Elastic" CD: (see my review of this CD here)
 "Vibe" version from "I am a stranger in this place" CD:
 Apparently, a worship band was so inspired by the song that they took their name from the song title

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!