Sunday, November 10, 2013

"I believed that it was all about me... that all I had to do was point my finger and anoint whoever I chose"

Another intriguing deleted scene from The Matrix, as Neo is on the way in to see The Oracle
(see also   

Search ResultsSearch Results

 " I love seeing you non-believers. It's really a relief.."):

Search Results " I love seeing you non-believers. It's really a relief.."

Search Results " I love seeing you non-believers. It's really a relief.."







NEO
Morpheus, I don't think this is a
good idea.

MORPHEUS
Why?

NEO
I told you I don't believe in this
stuff. No matter what she says
I'm not going to believe it, so
what's the point?


MORPHEUS
What do you believe in?

NEO
What do I believe in? Are you
kidding me? What do you think?
The world I grew up in isn't real.
My entire life was a lie. I don't
believe in anything anymore.

MORPHEUS
That's why we're here.

NEO
Why? So I can hear some old lady
tell me, what? That I'm this guy
that everybody's been waiting for?
That I'm supposed to save the
world? It sounds insane.
Unbelievable. And I don't care
who says it, it's still going to
sound insane and unbelievable.

MORPHEUS
Faith is not a matter of
reasonability. I do not believe
things with my mind. I believe
them with my heart. In my gut.

NEO
And you believe I'm the One?

MORPHEUS
Yes I do.

NEO
Yeah? What about the other five
guys? The five before me? What
about them?

Morpheus tries to hide his heart being wrenched from his
chest.

NEO
Did you believe in them too?

MORPHEUS
I believed what the Oracle told
me... no, I misunderstood what she
told me. I believed that it was
all about me.
This is difficult for Morpheus to admit.

MORPHEUS
I believed that all I had to do
was point my finger and anoint
whoever I chose. I was wrong,
Neo. Terribly wrong. Not a day
or night passes that I do not
think of them. After the fifth, I
lost my way. I doubted everything
the Oracle had said. I doubted
myself.

He looks up at Neo.

MORPHEUS
And then I saw you, Neo, and my
world changed. You can call it
an epiphany, you can call it
whatever the hell you want.
It doesn't matter. It's not
about a word. It's about this.
So I can't explain it to you.
All I can do is believe, Neo,
believe that one day you will
feel what I felt and know what
I know; you are the sixth and
the last. You are the One.

His eyes blaze.

MORPHEUS
Until that time all I am asking
from you is for you to hold on to
whatever respect you may have for
me and trust me.

Neo feels a rush from Morpheus's intensity, the
unadulterated confidence of a zealot.

NEO
All right.
link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!