Sunday, June 30, 2013

Quiz: “What does Paul explicitly say that he teaches ‘everywhere in every church’?”

Easy quiz?

Into to "What Paul Taught Everywhere: Imitating God in Christby "


  

When I was in seminary, a friend of mine asked a question about the Bible that changed my life. I’m not much for trivia, but this question struck home: “What does Paul explicitly say that he teaches ‘everywhere in every church’?”
Paul taught a number of things “everywhere in every church”: Jesus as the Son of David, the atoning death of Jesus on a cross, his resurrection and enthronement as Lord, justification by faith, the gift of the Holy Spirit, the unity of the family of God across racial and social lines, the law of love, future judgment at the feet of Jesus. Paul taught these things with enough consistency that we can safely say he never failed to communicate them to his congregations.
Yet none of these things is the correct answer. Since my seminary days I’ve asked this question of many students and colleagues, but I’ve never gotten the correct answer from an evangelical.  -continued here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!